LEATHERHEAD, UK 5th July 2016: The wipes market is seeing significant growth throughout Europe and the rest of the World. Overall, nonwovens used in wipes have grown from $1.9 billion in 2010 to $2.6 billion in 2015, an annual growth rate of 6.7%. By 2021, consumption will be $4.4 billion, and an annual growth rate (2015–21) will be 7.0%.
This is owed, in part, to the fact that many types of wipes which may have been seen as a luxury are today considered to be a necessity. Plus new processes, an increased appetite for biodegradable and sustainable materials and innovation in fields such as flushable wipes are all driving growth in the market.
For this reason, Smithers Pira – the worldwide authority on the packaging, paper and print industry supply chains – is pleased to announce the launch of their new GO Wipes conference in London, UK this November.
This is the only European event dedicated to the wipes market and will cover key topics such as:
- Market trends in baby, personal care, homecare and industrial wipes
- Innovations in raw materials and process technologies
- Developments in sustainability and biobased possibilities
- National and pan-European regulatory considerations for new wipes
- The opportunities and challenges of the growing flushables sector
- Insights into consumer awareness and appetite for new wipes in Europe
- New production technology
The event is expecting 100+ professionals from across the wipes supply chain, from raw materials & fibres, chemicals, machinery, nonwovens manufacturers, wipes converters and producers, regulatory consultants, and retailers.
About Smithers Pira:
The worldwide authority on the packaging, paper and print industry supply chains. Established in 1930, Smithers Pira provides strategic and technical consulting, testing, intelligence and events to help clients gain market insights, identify opportunities, evaluate product performance and manage compliance.